Doing Business in Brazil– Practical Experience & Lessons Learned
This month, I will be participating on the panel of the upcoming event, “Practical Aspects of Doing Business in Brazil.” The event will be held at Babson College at the Arthur M. Blank Center on Monday, September 23, 2013 from 6:00-8:00pm.
Recognizing the importance and further potential of Brazil, the panelists will review their own experience entering that market. We’ll share our insights on the strategic considerations that guided our entry and the lessons of our actual experience.
- Mark Horn, President, Mark Horn & Associates
- Doug Starrett, President, L.S. Starrett Group
- Kip Thompson, Sr. Advisor – Global Strategies, T3 Advisors
- Marco Buchbinder, Global Head, New Business Development, EMC
The panelists will provide insight on several key topics:
- Entering the market: Partnering, M&A, or direct investment?
- Resolving management and governance challenges
- How to and how not to harness the potential of the Brazilian market
- Brazil’s claimed potential– fact or fiction?
The panel will be hosted by Joe Falcao, a Brazil-Today board member, and will include representatives of other US businesses with experience in the Brazilian market. The event is jointly sponsored by The International Executive Resource Group (IERG) and Brazil-Today. Register for the event and get directions here: https://brazil-today-ierg-eorg.eventbrite.com/.